2016 Rules Overview
- The top twenty teams in the Men’s and Women’s Premier relays at each of the designated events shall score points as follows (in descending order from first place): 25, 22, 20, 18, 16, 15, 14, 13, etc. Teams entered in the M120+ relay at the JK, which shares both its course and start with the JK Trophy relay, shall be considered to be competitive in the JK Trophy for the purposes of allocating UK Relay League points.
- Clubs shall be ranked by the sum of their three highest scores achieved at separate events. Teams with an equal number of points will be ranked using a countback system, including non-counting events if necessary.
- Individual competitors may represent one club in the the UKRL each year. Any individual competitor who intends to run for multiple clubs in UKRL races in a single year shall notify the UKRL coordinator in advance of which club he would like to represent in the UKRL; otherwise he shall be considered to be representing the first club that he runs for that year.
- If a club is represented at an event by a team which includes a competitor who has already represented a different club at a previous UKRL event that year or who has given notice that he intends to represent a different club for UKRL purposes, then the team featuring that competitor shall be disregarded in the scoring of UKRL points at that event.
- Clubs may form Neighbouring Club Alliances for the UKRL, subject to Appendix N of the British Orienteering Rules. Clubs in an Alliance shall be considered as a single club for the purposes of the UKRL rules.